back to Marriage's Millers web site
Production Supervisor, Chelmsford
W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd is a family run millers established in 1824, producing quality animal feeds and award-winning flours. We are looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to join the feed mill team at our Chelmsford city centre site.
The Feed Mill Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the feed mill team to manufacture and pack products to ensure customer demand and daily volume targets are met, whilst maintaining the required hygiene and maintenance standards.
Key duties include:
- Line management of the packing team including performance management, absence, discipline and capability; accident investigations; training and development.
- Supervises blenders and packers in accordance with operational, feed quality, environmental and safety procedures.
- Responsible for efficient planning of the bag packing schedule.
- Ensures accurate stock control of consumables and ordering.
- Ensures that accurate production reports are produced.
- Works with the maintenance team to plan regular machinery maintenance and ensure sufficient spares kept for the mill. Ensures breakdowns and faults are communicated to managers/engineers.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication between the packing and warehouse teams regarding product availability.
- Advises the Feed Operations Manager on production, quality, hygiene, health and safety issues, advises on improvements or problems in plant and procedures.
- Supervises the packing team to maintain and improve the feed area’s hygiene standards and ensure a clean as you go policy.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experienced Supervisor, ideally with animal feed or food manufacturing background.
- Experience of running production line machinery is essential.
- Knowledge of production Health & Safety requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning, organisational and numerical skills.
- Comfortable using multiple IT systems.
- Experienced in trouble-shooting and continuous improvement.
- Able to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
The hours for this role are Monday to Friday, 7am to 5pm. In return we are offering a competitive salary (depending on experience), 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, on-site parking, pension and life assurance (after 3 months service).
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply with an up to date CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
Feed Mill Warehouse Operative
W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd has been a family-owned company since 1824 and produces quality animal feeds and award-winning flours. We are looking for a Warehouse Operative to join the feed mill team at our Chelmsford city centre site.
The warehouse operates between 6am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, with staff working ten-hour days as required during that period. You will be part of a team responsible for the efficient and safe running of the warehouse and feed mill.
- Responsible for picking and wrapping orders, before loading on to lorries.
- Accurately completing paperwork and entering data on to our IT system, including stock control, loading documentation and cleaning records.
- Using a forklift truck to rotate stock and load vehicles.
- Receiving, checking and labelling incoming ingredients and packaging.
- Responsible for hygiene and cleanliness in the warehouse area.
- Complying with all company Health and Safety rules, the safe use of forklift trucks, correct manual handling and ensuring loads are secure.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous warehousing experience, in a picking and dispatch environment.
- Forklift truck certification.
- Physically fit: capable of manual handling, lifting sacks of feed.
- Good attention to detail, numerate and literate.
- Comfortable working outdoors when loading vehicles or other occasional duties.
No recruitment agencies please.
If you would like to be considered for any future opportunities, please send us your details.
If your application is unsuccessful, personal data will not be retained.
back to Marriage's Millers web site