back to Marriage's Millers web site
Feed Mill Packing Operative
Purpose of role:
Packing bags alongside the production schedule, ensuring the warehouse is stocked, while observing all relevant quality control procedures.
Main responsibilities include:
- Operating a mechanical weighing, packing and sealing line, ensuring safe operation, high efficiency and a quality sealed or stitched bag.
- Selecting and printing the correct labels, monitoring a quality print and application throughout the run.
- Checking the quality of the product being packed, as a double-check for the Production Operative, especially for contamination in packing bins.
- Setting up and supervising the robotic palletizer or stacking bags on pallets by hand, as specified on each packing line.
- Lifting the stacked pallet with a forklift truck, wrapping if necessary and storing as required in the warehouse.
- Completing all necessary paperwork, mainly the packing sheet to show the number of bags packed, reference numbers and check weights.
- Working safely, observing all trained best practice for manual handling and operating a forklift truck or any other machine.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area, in and around the machine, following the guidance to 'clean as you go'.
- Removing and returning pallets of empty packaging from allocated storage and tidying or rewrapping these pallets, as required.
- As instructed or as time allows, assisting with other duties in the mill and warehouse, to ensure maximum efficiency, safety and quality.
Training and PPE will be provided.
Qualifications and Experience
Essential: Education to GCSE or equivalent; good numerical and communication skills.
Beneficial: Understanding of machines and operation.
- 24 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Life assurance (after 3 months).
- On-site parking.
The successful candidate will start on a day shift, then join a 3 shift rotation pattern over five days, 22:00 Sunday to 22:00 Friday. Overtime as required and agreed with line manager.
Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover (6-month FTC) - Chelmsford, Essex
W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd is a family run millers established in 1824, producing award-winning speciality and organic flours for bakeries and home bakers. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Marketing Manager to join our team for a fixed term contract to October 2021 at our Chelmsford city centre site.
The Flour Marketing Manager is a standalone role and you will be responsible for effectively promoting the Marriage’s brand and flours to both trade and consumers.
Key duties include:
- Implementing and developing the annual B2B and B2C marketing plan, to attract potential customers, retain existing ones and drive sales
- Measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing activity and campaigns
- Delivering advertising and promotional support plans for key B2B customers in conjunction with the Flour Sales Manager
- Devising and delivering social media strategy. Creating compelling social media content, developing influencer relationships, and managing third party brand partnerships, to build Marriage’s brand presence online
- Project management; working with designers, photographers, PR, and website agencies
- Creating and delivering marketing collateral, including packaging, brochures, presentations, and sales promotions for B2B customers and prospective customers
- Developing the website, e-commerce, and email marketing activity, including analysing analytics to identify trends and opportunities
- Undertaking market research to gain trade and consumer insights to enhance Marriage’s products and service proposition
- Answering trade and consumer enquiries via social media, email, and phone
- Managing and staffing photo shoots and trade events
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experienced Marketing Manager, ideally in the food sector
- In-house brand experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Up-to-date digital knowledge; e-commerce expertise advantageous
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude and strong multi-tasking ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working at a strategic and hands-on operational level
- Passionate about baking and food, as well as being commercially aware
In return we are offering a competitive salary (depending on experience), 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata), On-site parking, Pension and Life assurance (after 3 months service).
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Warehouse Operative - Chelmsford, Essex
W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd is a family run millers since 1824, producing quality animal feeds and award-winning flours. We are looking for a Warehouse Operative to join our team at our Chelmsford city centre site.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be responsible for ensuring that customers receive their orders on time and in full. You will be part of a team responsible for the efficient and safe running of the warehouse and feed mill.
The warehouse is operated between 6am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- Responsible for picking orders for distribution to customers and loading vehicles, meeting customer pallet and wrapping requests.
- Accurately completing production paperwork, collections and loading documentation and cleaning records. Entering picking data accurately into the IT system.
- Using a forklift truck to move product and ensuring stock rotation.
- Receiving, checking and labelling incoming ingredients and packaging before stowing these.
- Responsible for hygiene, cleanliness and housekeeping in the warehouse area.
- Complying with all company Health and Safety rules in particular the safe use of Fork Lift Trucks, correct manual handling and ensuring load security.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous warehousing experience, in a dispatch/picking environment.
- Physically fit; capable of manual handling and lifting.
- Good attention to detail, numerate and literate.
- Comfortable working outdoors.
- Fork Lift Truck certification.
If you would like to be considered for any future opportunities, please send us your details.
If your application is unsuccessful, personal data will not be retained.
back to Marriage's Millers web site